Last Sunday, we celebrated Ken's birthday with a family lunch at the
Crooked Billet in Stoke Row. It's a wonderful tiny pub and restaurant that was historically one of the hideouts of Dick Turpin, the infamous highwayman. I first visited last year when I tried the saddle of hare. This time I was brave enough to try the rabbit and pheasant casserole... my family can tell you that a few years back this wouldn't be on the menu for me! But curiousity won out, and I can tell you that it tastes a lot like chicken but with different bones.

Dave had some local Old Spotted roast pork. We had a great afternoon, finished off by walking though the splendid autumny woods and visiting the
Maharajah's Well.
1 comment:
dave's pork looks nice.
how's settling down going for you guys?
:)
i'm feeling worse today but have to pop into work just for a spot of work, if i feel worse, i'll go home.
Post a Comment